Wednesday, August 29, 2007

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today the crib was empty waiting for a warm little bundle of fluff. Kryna and I spent the entire day putting the finishing touches on the nursery, decorating and stocking the changing table with diapers. In the evening Momma came to pick up Kryna and take us to dinner. When she was leaving she told me to go directly to bed because if I went into labor in two hours I would be glad I had those two hours of sleep. After dropping me off for the evening as she pulled away from my curb she looked at Kryna and stated "That girls gonna have that baby tonight". I on the other hand did not take my mother's advice. I proceeded to fold laundry and clean up the house for the following two hours. Only after I was somewhat satisfied with the condition of my house did I lay on the sofa to wait Tim to get home from work. I tried to sleep but it was no use so I started watching a rerun of Will & Grace. Needless to say I don't know how it ended. An hour and a half later I was checking into St. John's Mercy Hospital to "have that baby".
I can't say I am proud of this picture but here it is. (note to self, giant pink hospital gown and pink bathrobe NOT flattering)
All set for the Munchkin.
They were relentless(they meaning hospital staff)I was not to rest I was to be up walking.

5 comments:

Mike and Belinda said...

Happy Birthday to James for tomorrow - wishing lots of BIG surprises and many hugs and kisses - you all take care of that for me OK - Best wishes for a fun, filled day!!
LOVE YA TONS!!! Mike, Belinda, Marcus and Jamie

Jayne said...

Happy Happy Birthday, James!!! Give those wonderful cheeks a kiss from his California cousins!!! And on a side note...the pink bathrobe isn't sooo bad...my favorite part of that picture is daddy all passed out behind you...Ha..Ha!!!

Just us Belds said...

Happy Birthday baby James!!
love the pink bath robe...next time dark colors right? love the sleeping husband...looks familiar! LOL

Brittany said...

Congrats lanette on your one-year anniversary of being a mom!

Oh yeah and, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES! Your family loves you so much, little boy, and I feel privileged to be able to watch you grow up, thanks to the internetz and your savvy mother!

BTW Lanette, I think you look GREAT in the pink bathrobe and hospital gown. I'm totally serious. I mean, you were in labor for goodness' sake, I've seen ladies look a LOT worse!

Love,
Brittany

Anonymous said...

When is the part where the baby comes and Kelsie is the first one to know?>> Haha, that was so cool.

p.s. After our call the other night I asked,and mom didn't know about any of it....