Monday, May 05, 2008

Lack of Posting Causes Public Outcry...


Alright...I suppose it has been way too long since I posted and unfortunately I'm not sure I have any pictures to post at the moment so I will give you an update on life.

The day after tomorrow we leave for our first family vacation. While originally we planned on driving out to Savannah, GA we changed our minds and are heading up to St. Louis for about a week instead. A lot less time traveling, a lot less gas, etc. etc. We are planning if we have time to visit the Zoo, Grants Farm, the Art Museum, the History Museum, the Botanical Gardens, the City Museum and Aquarium, the Science Center and the Magic House Children's Museum. We aren't planning any shopping and a few of these won't be all day experiences so we'll probably get it all done. There is a nice state park about 40 mi. away from downtown and also a county park we may be able to stay at for a few nights right in town. I'm so excited about taking James camping. I love being a Mommy. Today I went out and bought all of our groceries for the trip as well as the last few camping supplies needed. Can you believe I'm so excited about camping? We found a nice big two room tent on a garage sale and have borrowed an air mattress from Mom and Dad. What more could we want? I've been making lists and checking them twice, I'm telling you its true, you really do eventually turn into your mother. :) Tomorrow I must do laundry one last time before we leave, pack all of our clothes, groceries, camping gear etc., clean the car (Tim already rid it of debris today) and get the house ready to sit empty for 7 days (i.e. clean it to some degree: remove trash, clean fridge, do all dishes, sweep floors). This said I think I will skip my Bible study tomorrow. I'm so excited you'd think I'd never left town before. When I get back I promise to post lots of pictures.

7 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Have fun little girl. What excitment for James. I always loved family vacations when I was little and remember so much from them.
Don't get too tired! Vacation is for relaxing also.

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation! Camping is alot of fun but alot of work. So remember to kick back and relax too!!
I always wanted to visit St Louis but I have only blew by there in the truck-no stopping then- so now I can visit it thru you.

Mike and Belinda said...

Sounds awesome - Grants Farm is wonderful and James will have a great time with all the animals there - There is so much to see in St Louis - have a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope the weather holds out for you in St. Louis. We tented the bigget part of our lives and saw a lot of the US on account of it. The very first time we went out in a tent it rained ever day at some time or other, but we had a good vacation anyway. Just take good care of your self tho.

top

lauri said...

Have a great time, be safe and remember, you're traveling for 2 girlfriend

Just us Belds said...

ok I feel cheated...the last time you were this pregnant we got to see you...pictures please! I think we need to see how cute you are this time too!

Unknown said...

I hope you had fun!! We only live 10 minutes east of St. Louis in Illinois. Next time you should call us when you are coming.

Brett & Alex