Thursday, April 17, 2008

Corn on the Cob

This is my favorite.

Every kid needs pictures of the first time they have corn on the cob right? James loved it. It took him a min. of watching mom and dad to see what exactly he was supposed to be doing, but then he caught on and was very pleased with himself and the corn.
Yesterday we went out to Mom and Dad's house to plant the garden. My yard is too shady to have a garden here, not that I haven't tried. I missed it so much that I begged M&D to till a plot out at the farm. It didn't take much since Dad is a little farm boy at heart and was pretty excited about it too. He works on that little garden plot all year round now picking up rocks and tilling in leaves etc. to ensure premium soil conditions. The deal is I promise to keep it weeded if they keep it watered. I win on this deal because every time I go out to weed Mom inevitably joins me out there and it only takes half the time. I am very lucky. This year Aaron and Meg will be here for the summer so there will be lots of happy hands to help. I even planted 9 brussels sprout plants just for my dear sweet brother. James is very excited about all this dirt to play in, for pictures you'll have to check out moms blog.
I recently got James some superman jammies on a garage sale for 20 cents. The cape is missing so I am going to make one for him. Its so cute, he doesn't even know who super man is but he loves them and you can tell he feels special in them. Just wait till we get the cape on him. :)

11 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

These are the best yet. He was really into that corn.
I know I have pics of you guys eating corn also.

Mike and Belinda said...

Fun times - and I can't wait for corn on the cob - YUM!!!

Anonymous said...

This so cute. He's a big guy.

top

Kryna said...

His little chest is even puffed out in the Super Man PJ's! Very cute! And his other little shirt is cute too.

I think his smile looks a lot like yours did!

Unknown said...

Darling! You are a sweet family.

Becky said...

Glad you got the photo of the first corn on the cob experience. So cute! And the Superman pj's...we've got a few around here and they're worn all day long! (I'll have to send them to you when we're done so James can have several sizes)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you have more pictures with any other fresh veggies--or just pictures--or text--or. . .

:-) adr

Jayne said...

Just want to put in my 2 cents...what a beautiful boy...and the corn on the cob is making my hungry!!!

Kryna said...

More pics please.... I like to beg!

Anonymous said...

Can you pleeeeeeeeeeeeease mail my phone love? I'll pay you back for shipping...I just REALLY need it, mine is broken.

Anonymous said...

Alright, it's officially an outrage. A demonstrable case of blogger neglect. You have a duty to entertain us don't you know! We are your hungry audience, and we're going to starve to death on cobbed corn! Fresh food is essential to physical well-being. Fresh blog material is key to your readers' mental stability, which you can easily see by reading this comment to a stale post. I've gone mad! :-) adr