Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A Simpler Life

James enjoyed his first drive in movie last night. Ratatouille was playing at the Drive In so we decided to go and see it. We hadn't been there since we got married so it was really a treat. It is so relaxing and the culture is great. It is still only $4.00 a ticket and you can get popcorn and a soda for $1.90. You just can't beat that. James had a blast. He played in the car with Daddy till I laid out the blanket and then he rolled around watching the world. He was so interested in what was going on he had no time to look at his Momma for a picture. After the movie started he watched for a while till he was good and worn out then he nursed and I buckled him into his car seat and he went directly to sleep. I decided that this is the way to go to the movies with him. He usually behaves really well at the movies but I always take him out even if he makes the slightest peep as not to disturb others. It was a perfectly stress free evening...that is until I stuck my bare foot in the leftover cheese in the empty nacho bowl on the way home. :) When we got home and crawled into bed Tim leaned over my side of the bed exactly the same time as I sat up. His nose collided with my forehead, we're not sure if he broke it or not. This makes me think that it is probably not broken, but it is sore and a little swollen and not too crooked. ( just kidding it may not be crooked at all :)
We arrived early so it was pretty empty yet.

3 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Drive in movies are so much fun. The quality isn't the same but the experience makes up for that. You kids usually fell asleep by the time the Pink Panter cartoons were over.

Becky said...

Sounds like a great night! We may have to try that...if we can find one around here still.

Just us Belds said...

what a neat place you live in..don't ever move!