Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby! James that is

James turned 3 today. He is the sweetest child and continues to steal heart. Last week when I asked him what he wanted for his Birthday he thought a few min and then said "A Birthday Cake!" I asked if he wanted anything else and he said, "Nope just a Birthday cake!" The sweetest kid I tell you. I wanted to get him something big for his birthday but ended up getting him two small wooden toys from TJ Maxx. Yesterday while he was napping on the way home from visiting white water we stopped at Dollar Tree and got him 3 helium balloons and a cool pack for boo boos that is in the shape of a hot-wheels. I hid the balloons till he went to bed and then tied them to his chair and wrapped his presents. This morning he got up we sang Happy Birthday to him, then he ran out and saw the balloons. Both children squealed in delight. We let James open one present now and will do the others when everybody comes for dinner after church. He opened the hotwheels cold pack and was so excited and so thankful he taught me a real lesson. Hopefully never again will I think that I need to get them anything more than love. He would have been happy with just a cake and then the cold pack was a huge bonus. I love that kid!

Leaving the Hospital to come Home.

About 8 or 9 Mo.
1st BirthdayCamping on our first family Vacation May '08 20 mo old2nd BirthdayThis summer being the ham he always is.He made this hat at the Library story time on Mary Poppins day.The cake the little man was asking for.

8 comments:

Ladene said...

Oh How Swweet. Yes is a great kid amd yes-all they truly need is a lot of love.

Your something else- Net--Fast of Fammine, I got an e-mail and a blog in one day from you. Are you ok?

Kryna said...

Yep he is a sweetie! I love him to bits....happy birthday boy!

Kath said...

Happy Birthday to James!!!!!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Happy Birthday Big Boy! Grandma loves you and sure thought you cake was good stuff.

Mike and Belinda said...

Happy Birthday James - wishing you many more happy, content years!

Love You!

Unknown said...

3 already!! Wow how time flies. Two of mine just started 1st and 2nd grade...don't ask me how that happened! Happy Birthday James!

aaronr said...

Wow, I think he's getting cuter as he ages. I think we'll take our gift next Sunday since we missed ya last Sunday. Meg will be down tomorrow of course but I'd kind of like to be there when he opens it too. What a little man. It always amazes me how much they understand at such a young age. I love that stage when people are old enough to "get it" but not quite old enough to censor out everything that's not socially acceptable. adr

Lipsy Family said...

LOVE the cake. LOVE the little man who the cake was for! :) -esther