Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just one more day!!!

Lanette and the kids will be back tomorrow night. Will I be done? Probably not quite. Will the house be cleaned? Definitely not. In addition to working 40 hours last week and battling some kind of sinus/lymph node infection, I have the tile down, grout in, bead board installed, floor trim installed, walls and ceiling mudded and all the trim painted, but I still have to finish sanding, paint the walls and ceiling, install, caulk and touch up the trim where needed, paint the trim existing door trim, medicine cabinet, and window trim, seal the grout, install the light and fan cover, and install outlet and switch covers. Then I will be ready to install the toilet, sink and tub, as well as the ring for the shower curtain. I'd like to do all that tomorrow between 7AM and 2PM before I have to go to work. I am hoping I'll have a little help in the morning from some friends but there's no guarantee.

Here are a few pics of the progress over the last week.

The tile nearly all installed

The tub back from the sand blaster. The side that shows was very pitted from rust so I had to bondo and sand it which took nearly 1/2 a day. It's finally all painted and ready to install. I think it looks like a dead animal.

First coat of mud. Since nothing in this room was square, I've been using a lot of mud.

Tile complete, bead board and trim installed.


The plumber came today so technically I could install all the fixtures now, but then I'd have to clean them after I was done sanding.

Hopefully the mud will be dry when I wake up in the AM. Now I'm off to bed.

3 comments:

Mike and Belinda said...

I hope you got alot of rest last night - sounds that you have a big day ahead of you - GOOD LUCK!!

Ladene said...

Things are looking good-but -like
Belinda said-GOOD LUCK!

It looks really nice Tim. You are doing a good job.

Kryna said...

Good stuff and you are right, the tub looks like a pig that made one too many passes to the salad bar!