Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ironing

Today I ironed. I hate ironing or maybe it is the thought of ironing that I really hate because the act itself really isn't so loathsome, not at least when you are actually doing the task. Whether it be the thought or the actual task the fact remains that I push it off until it is an absolute nessecity. Today I ironed 15 shirts, 1 pair of pants, 6 napkins, and 9 placemats. This took the better part of my day. Generaly we just dewrinkle on demand and this is how we survive, sometimes if I put it off long enough that my husband jumps in to rescue his clothing. I was hoping that maybe Tim as head of the household would decide not to deligate the ironing to me, but not such luck. Now the mountain is gone and I shall go play with my son.

9 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

If you could have held off for just 3 more weeks maybe you could have talked your sweet brother into it in exchange for a good hot meal. I hear he is king of the ironing board.

Anonymous said...

Actually, with all the proper equipment, ironing can be quite fulfilling. It is so rewarding to successfully burn out all those wrinkles. The challenge of a really intricate piece of clothing can turn a dull chore into a hard fought quest. When all is said, I'd still rather play with the baby.

Anonymous said...

Seems I could have used a compound sentence in there, eh? I'd still rather play with the baby.

Brett Hendrickson said...

The head of my household is also the Chief of Ironing. Ain't I lucky? :)

Unknown said...

Ooops! I meant to make that last comment under my name, but Brett is the chief of ironing.

Anonymous said...

Folks, my secret is not to wait 'til I have 15 shirts plus pants and handkerchiefs to iron! adr

Terreth said...

Yes indeed, Ern is quite the model of ironing stewardship.
To this truth I will testify and bear/bare witness.

lauri said...

Ya know, if you get one of those handy dandy squirt bottles and spray down a wrinkled garment of your choice and throw that sucker in the dryer...it comes out lookin just like it was ironed...or at least close enough for me. Go ahead, give it a whirl....

Anonymous said...

Please tell James thank you for the wonderful valentine~ I hung it on my fridge!