Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Potty Training

Last week I decided it was high time to start potty training James. He seemed to be ready so Mom brought over the potty chair that we three munchkins used and so it began. I am so proud of him, he started peeing in his big boy chair the very first day. It was pretty unpredictable for the first few days but now every time I take him he pees. He's even done #2 twice. I know, I know too much info but hey its big news here. He now sits on the big toilet because then he can see what is happening and flush the toilet himself. Apparently these are both big pluses. Today he told me twice that he needed to go. We have set a rewards system of three choc. chips for every time he goes potty in the big boy toilet more for # 2. Today he told me he needed to go then 5 min. later he wanted to go again so I set him up there again and he proceeded to squeeze out two drops and flush the toilet. He was very proud and ran to the kitchen for his choc. Hmmmm. It worked on me. :) Theres 9 weeks left till his sister's projected arrival, hopefully we will be pretty much done by then. If it keeps going this well I think we definitely will be.
"Aww Mom, Its embarrassing all these pictures."
Telling Daddy about what a big boy he is. This picture really brings fond memories of my little pink phone. (more on that later)

7 comments:

Kryna said...

Awww, he is huge! Or did I say that last post. But he is just growing and growing. That is a pretty good kid about the training. Yay!

Unknown said...

What a great accomplishment...how old is he?

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

He really is doing great. Even this proud grandma thinks he is doing better than I would have expected.
And for your info, that potty chair was not only used for you 3 kids, your dad and his siblings all used it also. It has seen many big happenings in the Rozeboom child raising.

Anonymous said...

Nice work Netter and James. I wonder what I would have to do to get some chocolate! I'm not posing though--that's where I draw the line! Can't wait to see you soon, adr

Anonymous said...

Good work. A very cooperate boy.

Tim and Lanette said...

Kathy, He is 19 mo.
And as for you Adr. Absolutely no posing! I will get you some choc. when you come down. Somehow I bet you will want something other than great value choc. chips but thats ok, you name it and I'll get it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Is'nt it fun. Just love it.What a big boy for mom.Just enjoy. Pretty soon you will have 2 running around.Love Corky and Kay