Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Fun In The Kitchen

Tim has a T-shirt that says "Fun in the kitchen with Betty Crocker". He got it because I love to cook and Betty Crocker was one of my nicknames at my first job (other than working for my parents) So today was fun in the kitchen with James. I have taken to pulling up a chair next to the counter and letting James stand on it and "help" whenever I am baking. He loves it. Unfortunately he shows little discretion when adding things to the batter. Also we are learning the concept that it is not a good idea to test the batter while the kitchen aid is mixing, no injuries yet. I even taught him the art of licking batter from utensils. At first he thought that they all needed to actually go into his mouth now he sticks his little tongue out and enjoys the doughy goodness. In the nursery at the church we attend on Sat. nights they have a Little Tykes kitchen set and apparently it is his favorite toy of all. They call him "miniature Rachael Ray" I'd hope for Martha Stewart but thats another subject entirely. Today we made Kryna's sugar cookies and I do recommend them.

6 comments:

Kryna said...

I love that last picture! Train him good!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Good job. Start training him young and he will make a wonderful husband and daddy someday.

Anonymous said...

So cute . You're doing a good job of getting started early to help around the house.

Anonymous said...

Oh isnt that the best licking the beaters. The kids always waited for that.Love Kay and Corky

lauri said...

Will somebody please send me some of them there cookies already?...my mouth is watering like a son of a gun!!!

Kryna said...

Potty chair pictures please!