Thursday, July 31, 2008

Its Creepy


Today I went to get a prescription I have for my migraines refilled only to be told that I did not have any refills left. I was somewhat baffled and asked how that could be, I had the empty bottle stating that I had one refill and I had actually only ever filled it once. They told me no I had indeed filled it on May 7th. They then pulled up the signature from when I picked it up. I looked at it and knew instantly that it was not my or anyone in my families signature. The longer I thought about it I also realized that May 7th was the day that we left for vacation so I wasn't even in town when I filled this prescription. I asked the pharmacist more info and found out the most alarming thing is that this person who did this knows me. They know what medications I am on, what pharmacy I use, my birth date, and most likely that I was going to be out of town. I find this all more than a little unsettling.

9 comments:

cope21 said...

that is so extremly creepy..i'm so sorry that that happened to you!! what happened did you get your refill?? or do you have to go back and see the doctor through the whole spell again..that is so scary too what else do they know is the real question and how did they find all this infortmation out??

Kryna said...

Yikes...wow, that is bad! Hmmm, I thought you only knew cool people. Very creepy.

lauri said...

well that is just the freakiest! Who would want your migraine perscription...who do you know is in pain and needs drugs? Girl, move to California, that kind of stuff never happens here!

steveandjanna said...

You should file a report with the police. Even if they can't figure out who did it right away, at least the cops will be tipped to the fact that it's happening at this particular pharmacy. Keep in mind, the person who did this may not know you. It could be an inside job performed by someone who wants the particular drug you're using. Maybe they're hooked on it or sell it to someone that is or maybe they're using it to make meth. I wouldn't worry about them knowing your information unless the pharmacy has your social security number. Your birthdate is pretty easy to find, as is your address and so on. In any event, you should file a report with the police.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that! And that is very freaky. Did you figure out who did it yet? Hope this doesn't happen again!

Were you able to get your meds so you had something to help you with the headache that was sure to come on after learning that bit of news?

Kryna said...

Auntie K here to complain again.....need more photos!

Anonymous said...

Call me with whatever number you use now...I wanna tell you all of Darcy's wedding!

Eva Lemmon..? said...

Whoa. I'm sure that if you file with the police, they will be able to review the surveillance tapes from that date.

Dana and Daisy said...

that is freaky.