Friday, September 29, 2006

My Bunny, My Friend

"Samba the little red bunny is my bestest friend."
"I love to watch him as he goes 'round and 'round."
"Eating my lunch is hard work."

James is fascinated by the little red bunny on his mobile. We have decided to name him Samba. He is very contented to lay there watching Samba, his little head making a circle on the sheet as he follows the bunny in its endless chase. (I think Samba may be running from the gator next to him, but that’s just my theory. It seems logical.)
We've been having a ruff week here. James has been having a lot of tummy problems and its been pretty much decided, after much research on the La Leche League website and help from family, that he is lactose intolerant. I've been avoiding milk for three days now so we hope he'll be feeling better soon. I don't mind cutting out dairy at all, although it is a real hoot going to Starbucks, "Yes, I'd like a tall low-fat, non-dairy, decaf, iced caramel macchiato please." It’s very disheartening to listen to your infant scream for hours not being able to comfort him. He started fussing at about 3:30-4:00 this morning and was still screaming at 7:30-8:00 so I called it the troops. I called Mom and before I even asked her to come help she volunteered and 45 min. later her and Dad knocked on the door. He had stopped crying by then and although he's not completely cured he has had a much better day. Grandpa was more than happy to take him off my hands so I could have a break. After a while James was doing pretty well so Mom and I took him out and ran some errands. Parents are amazing; I don't know what I'd do without them.
James is up now, hungry and making a very dirty bruky for Momma to change.

3 comments:

Kryna said...

Aww, poor little guy. How soon do you think the no milk is going to start working? That would be great though. Maybe you can tape photo of me on the red bunny head once a week or something so he will still know who I am! :)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there....some babies just have immature little digestive systems. Stopping the dairy is a good idea. Kelsie cried from 6:30 to 10:30 every night until she was three months old, and then it just stopped....don't let anyone talk you into d/c-ing the breastfeeding.He is so cute! Got a lot of chubba on that boy.

Anonymous said...

He's been getting better. He had a good day today, he smiled his first real smile. (it was the first time he had smiled as a reation to another person) Auntie K even got to see it. But now he's been pretty fussy again tonight. Its really discouraging, just when I think he's about better he seems to prove me wrong. He is very long winded.