Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Three Weeks Old



James is three weeks old today. He is quite a little man. Last week he stayed overnight at Grandma and Grandpa R.'s house for the first time. (Mom and Dad stayed too.) He slept in a dresser drawer, it worked great as a bassinet. Recently he falls asleep, I put him in his crib and about ten min. later he wakes up crying. I have no idea why, he can hardly be spoiled already. He eats constantly, but the little man has been gaining about a lb. a week and is still not chubby so he must need all he can get. I worry constantly that I am ruining him. Its so hard to know what to do...let him cry, hold him, cuddle him...how am I to know what to do. I may be over thinking it a little. I am still amazed at how little I can accomplish in a day besides taking care of him, but I love it. Hopefully things will settle down for a while now and we can establish a flexible routine.
Auntie Kryna left for AU yesterday. Poor James isn't going to know what to do without her. He had so much fun dropping little bombs for her and sleeping on her chest. Hurry back Auntie.
I'm going to get some sleep while my little muncher is supposed to be sleeping. ( note supposed to, he's not slept well today and has been crying the whole time I've been posting. Poor little shaver. It takes all the disipline I have to not melt and go snuggle him. I may anyway, they say you can't spoil a child in the first month. Is it true?)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you're back to posting! I'd say you'd be hard pressed to spoil a child irreparably in the first 4 weeks--which means you have a week left. Better enjoy it. :)

Anonymous said...

Awww, he is a doll! Three more months.....

Anonymous said...

His skin tone looks a little rough compared to that blanket though. Hmmm?

Anonymous said...

Yes that would be quite alarming if indeed the photo was not enhanced. :) You like?

Anonymous said...

Hey, in response to your question from my blog, I actually used regular rash cream (i.e., Desitin, etc.) and noticed it to not cause problems with the Fuzzi Bunz. Some people use Vaseline, but I don't think it works as well for really bad rashes. It protects, but it does not help heal as fast. I know there are some creams out there made for use with the Fuzzi Bunz. I am not sure how expensive they are. I think that diaperpin.com would have some help or at least guide you in the right direction.

Also, don't believe the lies that you can spoil your baby. A young infant cries because he wants his mother, wants to eat, needs to be changed, etc. There is no way to spoil a baby by answering to his cries. You will eventually be able to tell when you can let the baby cry a little longer before responding, when you have to say No, etc. This does not happen before 6 months. Making a baby cry because of fear that one is spoiling is absurd and old-fashioned. This is just my opinion, though. You have to do what works best for you and your husband and follow what seems natural.

He will sleep, eventually! :)

Anonymous said...

Lydia, thank you so much for you help. Also I love your comments on spoiling. I've been worrying myself to death that I should do this and shouldn't do that, when in the end it usually ends up I should have gon with my first instinct. I know later I'll be able to tell if he's pulling a fit, but now its not like that. Besides he is a really good baby so when he cries there is generally something wrong. Thanks again for your help and support.