Wednesday, December 20, 2006

bumGenius!

While I was still pregnant with James I posted about how I was going to be using bumGenius! diapers and how excited I was to try them. I know I raised a few eyebrows and there was some speculation and even a few bets on whether I would use them or switch to disposables. Well here it is 3 1/2 months after his birth and I am still loving them. (Sorry to all of you who bet I wouldn't use them.) These are the best diapers ever! They are not the diapers of our mothers and grandmothers. They work almost like disposables. They have a waterproof outer layer with a soft inner layer, you stuff an absorbent insert in between the two and wolaa! I can even leave him in them for a very long night with no leaks. Not to mention his little bum NEVER get even the tiniest bit of rash or redness. bumGenius! diapers (unlike all disposable and other cloth brands) are one size, they fit from 8-35lbs all you have to do is adjust them as they grow. There is an intial expense but it turns out to be about the same as 6-7 months of disposables, after that not only will I have diapers for the rest of the 2 years he'll need them, but for my next children as well. I'm not usually that concerned about the environment, but I can't help but feel good when I think that I will not be contributing over 6,000 diapers per child to the world's landfills.
I also love that the owners of Cotton Babies (the company that makes bumGenius!) are Christians. I always like to buy from Christian companies. Its pretty cool, they even have diaper grants for missionary families. Is that not awesome? Anyways, I love them, Tim loves them, Kryna loves them, my Mom loves them, and most importantly James loves them. You really should check them out at www.cottonbabies.com they have good stuff and great customer service. Even if you don't need to diaper anymore its pretty fun just to browse through the website and just see what all there is out there.I have a new Friend.
We are still getting acquianted.
Chick Chick is fun to hug.
He's a pretty good guy. Just like me.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Now do we get to bet if he'll be potty-trained at 2??? :)

Anonymous said...

Do you like them better than Fuzzi Bunz? How do they compare? I will have to check them out!

Tim and Lanette said...

Lydia, I love them, the only thing I liked less than fuzzi bunz was that you could not wash them on "hot" but now they have a new version (the 2.0) out and you can wash them on "hot". I am switching over to them completly right now. I like the velcro on bumgenius better than the snaps on fuzzi bunz and it is also great that they are one size. They are a little easier to to get to fit right too. Also not quite as bulky. I love them, you should definatly check them out, they have this deal where you can buy them and use one for 14 days and if youdon't like it you can return it. Pretty good huh?

Becky said...

He is such a doll! But I hate to say...using your statistic, since I never kept track, that I have contributed approx. 30,000 diapers to the landfill...YIKES!!! Glad we're done with that.

Tim and Lanette said...

I think if I had triplets I'd be contributing to the landfills too. Bless you Becky. :)