Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas High

Its coming on Christmas and people are cutting down trees. Its only 2 more days till Christmas. This is my favorite time of year. I always have a bit of a Christmas high, that I inevitably have to come off of. I've been so busy with all the family get togethers, the shopping , the holiday cards, and the quiet reflection that when its all over there is a brief yet real void in the week following. Last year was especially bad. I was pregnant with James (unbeknownst to me) and I had to work a 12 hr shift at the hospital on Christmas day. When I got home Tim was still gone to Church so I laid alone on the sofa staring misty eyed at the tree thinking how all the festivities were over. Pathetic huh? All this to say that this year is different. Even though I still love the season as much as ever, I now have so much filling my life. Routine has become a blessing. I'm now a Mom, I enjoy all of the little things in my life that others would find mundain. I love grocery shopping and fixing dinner, keeping the house and folding baby socks and bibs. Our life is scheduled and even though I am flexible about it I like to keep it when possible. Isn't it funny how our lives change? God takes such good care of us.

3 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

God IS good. It is a wonderful blessing to be content with our lives. Happiness is usually self made. Hope you have a Ziggy Day, Little Girl.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, Mommy! Have fun with your little baby elf!

Anonymous said...

Ain't nothing wrong with routine, that's to be sure. I always have to ground myself during breaks when my daily grind is off or I can start feeling worthless. It's the Rozeboom in me, what can I say?