Saturday, January 06, 2007

Another Day in Paradise

Recently I ordered a sling for James identical to this one barring the color. Yesterday it arrived just in time for our shopping trip. Tim, being Mister Mailman, got it for me while he was yet at the post office in the morning and met me at JC Penny to drop it off. We trotted off to a dressing room to get it all settled. It slipped over my head fine and all seemed well till we tried to cram James in. He ended up looking more like a big ball of play-doh than anything else. The sling was obviously too small for my strapping child. His eyes were squished together and bulging slightly, his lips were puckered from his cheeks being so smushed, but the little guy loved every minute of it. There wasn't one peep from him and he had a satisfied grin on the whole time. I guess it reminded him of old times. Needless to say we did not use it on the shopping trip. When I got home and did some further investigation I realized that they had sent me the size smaller than I had ordered.
James and I did have wonderful shopping yesterday. Old Navy just so happened to be having the sale of the season. $80.00 later I walked out the proud owner of 20 new pieces of clothing for my family. Not too shabby if you ask me.

4 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Oh that was a hoot, Net. He did look funny but was enjoying the process. It was a Kodak moment but alas, we missed it. The sales people had to be wondering what the heck was going on in that room with a Grandma, a young woman with a little one and a mailman,all laughing hysterically.

Kryna said...

They have to see everything! Group shoppers are always the best though.

lauri said...

Nice to know that through it all, Master James kept his cool. Net, just wait until he's taller than you and asking for the keys to the car...onesies is gonna be the last thing on your mind! Cal starts driving next year. I'm trying to figure out a way of conveing to him that young guys look really stupid driving a red convertible...makes them look gay...have any ideas how I can do that?

Tim and Lanette said...

I'd just tell him "hey there's a reason Barbie drives a convertible and Ken drive a Jeep, stick with what works".