Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Confessions of a Dangerous...er...Domestic Mind

I like ice cream. I like ice cream strait out of the carton. Its the best way to eat ice cream, it just tastes better. When eating ice cream directly from the carton the friendly fingers of obsessive compulsiveness wrap themselves around me. It won't do to just grab a spoon and munch contentedly on creamy goodness, no it has to be done in an orderly fashion. When I am finished there must be no dents or craters in the ice cream, it should be level and semi smooth. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is my nemesis. Obviously the hunks of cookie dough are one of my favorite parts, they aren't always easy to find and this can wreck havoc in my tidy little carton. Once I do find a nice fat wad of dough I am left with a little pot hole in my cream. What to do? well eat some more to even everything out, of course. But inevitably this quest to smooth things over leads to the uncovering of more dough, which I can't just leave there. You can see how this creates a problem for me. In the end the only sane thing left is to do a little excavating without eating. I say sane, you can call it what you will.

8 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

I can not believe that you eat right out of the ice cream container. I know I taught you better than that. Don't let James see you. Should put some of that ice cream on his gums and tell him it is from Grandpa...miss you all...but not leaving early. Hehehe.

Tim and Lanette said...

actually when I was a teenager I loved chocolate ice cream, but I was the only one in the family who did so you would buy a small carton of it just for me and it was "my ice cream" I always ate it out of the box and everyone stayed away from it. :) Love you. Glad you are having fun.

Anonymous said...

That is exactly the same way I eat ice cream. I never knew you were so normal! Seriously...I cannot stand it if the contents of the container are not perfectly smoothed out, evading all dips or creators. To even think of these non-pleasurable forms, causes me to shudder just a bit.

Have you tried the Starbucks ice cream? I am a HUGE fan!

Have a good one! Gerrit and Vonner, hope you are enjoying Scotland. I look forward to seeing some pictures and hearing some stories!

Aric

Tim and Lanette said...

Really Aric, I had no idea this behavior was "normal" but I am glad to hear that it is. :) I'll have to get on that starbucks stuff. I'm such a cheapskate I normally only the cheapo off brand stuff, but next time I wander into the frozen foods isle with ice cream on my mind I may treat myself with the good stuff. BTW I'm glad to see you are back in the blogosphere.

Anonymous said...

This is disturbing. What's next, drinking milk from the jug and wine from the bottle? Starbucks does know how to make ice cream though--I can second that. The more I try it, the more of a *huge* fan I become. Sorry, I've been in Corny City, MI for too long, adr

Anonymous said...

Aaron,
One of the many times you freaked me out, was when you and your little darling sister Lanette slugged down a quart of chocolate milk from the carton....

steveandjanna said...

Ok, I'm an outsider but I can't help but comment. Aaron, the church cookie hound, is dead on about Starbuck's ice cream. I frankly love Starbucks mud pie ice cream, it's the perfect amount of luscious coffee ice cream and chocolate.

lauri said...

Ice Cream from Hull, Iowa is the best, that is my humble opinion. When we lived on the farm, our deep freeze would make a big twang sound when you opened it. When we would hear that sound while snug in our beds upstairs...we knew mother was havin ice cream...so we flew down those stairs to get our share...there...that's my ice cream story....