Monday, July 24, 2006

Baby Shower

Sat. night marked the first baby shower I've ever been to and it also happened to be in my honor. It was so much fun. Sonja and Kelsie did so much to make it a beautful evening which they accomplished with style and class to spare. I wish I had a picture of the table because the cake and snacks were amazing. Way to go girls! Thanks to everyone, you were all so generous.
Seeing all these tiny baby things has made me so sentimental and maternal. (not like I wasn't already having these tendencies) Its not odd to catch me sitting on the floor cuddling some baby related item rocking back and forth with a tear running down my cheek. Mom gave me a wooden sign for the baby that says "Always kiss me goodnight" and I just sit there promising my belly I will and begging him to let me every night till he moves out. Mom always came into our rooms one by one at night on her way to bed to say good night and offer a kiss, I'd alway scoot over in bed and beg her to sit down for a second. It just didn't feel

if she didn't tuck us in. I think I'll just die if my little Peanut won't let me. (I must have just gotten a fresh batch of pregnancy hormones)

Last Tues. or so Tim decided that the baby had dropped. Not long after I started to agree and the next time Mom and Kryna saw me they agreed. I hope we are all crazy. Most people I've talked to have said that from the time the baby drops he'll be here in no more than two weeks. One person said maybe up to four weeks. This all scares me to death because two weeks puts me in the middle of the west coast. Call me crazy but I was kind of set on having it here. So any way, I
have an appointment with my Dr. this Thurs. four days before we hope to leave for two weeks to the west coast. I just have to make sure that she is as sure as humanly possible that this boy isn't comming a second before I step foot back on home soil. Thats just a little more fun than I care to have. So if it looks like he'll be making his appearance early I'll just have to stay here, reunion or no reunion.

Ok, well I'm off to go stare in wonderment at a tiny sock


2 comments:

Mrs. P said...

This is no guarantee of course, but George wasn't born until almost a month and a half after he'd dropped. The West Coast might happen after all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!

I have a picture of your "shower table"! I'll do my best to get it to you.