Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Bras, Oprah, and Diapers

Last night I was waiting up for Tim to get home (he doesn't get home from work till about midnight on Mon. and Tues.) and I was flipping through the channels to pass the time. A rerun of Oprah was on and while I am usually not impressed by her it caught my eye. The Brit girls of What Not to Wear were on and to me it was absolutly fascinating. They were talking about how probably 99% of us women are wearing the wrong bra size and as they talked and took women off the street to demonstrate thier point it was amazing. So now I just have to throw out every bra in my closet and start over. :) Well at least in due time.



I've told lots of you already how I am not going to use disposable diapers on TJ. Most of you have gasped in horror and wondered slightly if I am a cave-woman, but I assure you that there is no need for horror. I am really excited about it and I had no idea that this was even an option until I was looking at a diaper pail online and a mommy who used these diapers wrote a review and mentioned them. These are not the diapers our mothers used with the pins and the covers and all the confusing folding. I wouldn't use those either. (too much hassle) These are different and oh so cool. Lots of reasons to use....

1. Total cost is about the same as what it cost for six months of sposie diapers
2. Saves lots of enviromental resourses (I only hug trees occasionaly, don't freak out yet)
3. Cloth is much better for Baby's bottom than synthentic materials
4. Except for extra laundry created, just as easy to use and leak free as sposies (so I am told on the leaks, no actual experience in that area yet)
5. So very very cute :)


So that's my mini advertisement for them. I just wanted everyone to see them and explain why I'm so excited about using them. :) I also bought some that have applix (velcro like) tabs instead of snaps. They are neat too but I wanted to try some of each.

As for my day today it was pretty typical for me. Folded some laundry, baked cookies, crocheted wash clothes, etc. The best part was when Mom and Dad came into town on business and I got to play chauffeur for Mom while Dad took care of the business. We do this more often and I love it. It makes for the perfect visit while totaly multi-tasking. I am all for multi-tasking, although in my life now (since I stay at home in wait for baby) I seldom have to practice it. I'm sure that will all change when Jr. actually gets here. Ok, I'm off to make myself some supper.

4 comments:

NPE said...

Hey, I found your blog via Marion's (Wendler Cottage). I know your brother....You may have met me?

Anyways, we use cloth diapers AND in fact, we use Fuzzi Bunz. I love Fuzzi Bunz! We looked for "seconds" online...as they are brand new but with minor errors that I never could find. I also bought some new and some used on Ebay. We actually use disposables for going out, as they last much longer and well, they have smaller bottoms. ;)

Also, if you want to look into Bummis, I love these. I went to all Fuzzi Bunz with child #2. But, with child #1 we used FB and Bummis. Bummis (Super Whisper Wraps) are just covers for prefolds, but they are velcro and work great. :)

People think I am crazy too. But, I stick them in a dry pail and wash them twice a week. No big deal! Saves TONS! My advice is by "neutral colors." Unless you don't care.....our son sometimes wears the purple ones...heehee. But if you are having a boy, then the boy colors are great for both. My favorite is the bugs print.

Happy diapering and may all go well during the labor and delivery!

~Lydia (signed in under my husband's blog and our family blog...)

Tim and Lanette said...

I'm so excited. I had no idea anybody else that I knew was using these. I was really lucky and got to stop at the Cotton Babies retail store in St. Louis on the way home from GR a couple of weeks ago. They had some really nice used fuzzi bunz. I tried to get some on ebay for a long time but I never won any because I am too cheap, figure if I'm not going to get a good deal on used I might as well buy new. I haven't ever found new seconds either. I'm not sure how to find those. I have 12 fuzzi bunz and 18 bumgenius diapers all in boy/neutral colors. I've heard good things about the Bummis too but thought I'd just try these two for now so I didn't get overwhelmed. There are soooo many choices. So anyways thanks for the comment I just got giddy when I saw it. (I know I'm a little silly)
Thanks for the well wishes, I'm ready for him to get here. Labor is becoming more real every day, but I'm still not too scared, most adult women have endured it before me and all seem to be doing well.

Anonymous said...

eeeeeh, cloth diapers are scary.
Hey! what a wonderful shower lastnight! Oh, you left your purse here too....So now you'll have to come to the Butlers house, lol.

Anonymous said...

Crap, I left the last comment, but my name did not appear.