Thursday, July 13, 2006

Deconstruction and a cake

So last night I was making potato salad and a cake and I realized that I had already returned the cake pans I had borrowed from Mom. I would ask Tim to run and get some for me but he's banging away at our closet which will soon be stairs to the attic. (see pic for progress) So I drain the potatoes and inform Tim that I'll be back shortly because I am off to buy 3 9in round cake pans. Tim says hmmm "I'll go with you I need a crow bar." Ok, Wonderfull you go and get the crow bar and the pans and I'll stay here and cook. Not two minutes later I walk into the spare room to see the progess on closet destruction only to see two crow bars laying on the floor. I had no idea that a man needed three crow bars to tear one closet down, but I suppose most men have no idea you need three cake pans to make one cake. :)
Zelda's eye is doing much better. For those of you wondering Castro is her alias she used to ward off unwanted media attention. I don't think she must have had pink eye because we never took her to the vet and she got better very quickly.
Do any of the rest of you love running errands when that is your sole (is that the right sole to use there or am I now refering to my foot? Who can know these things? Silly me Aaron can know these things.) purpose for leaving the house. I know its kind of silly but I get almost giddy when I have a whole list of little odd things to do (library, bank, and the list goes on...) and one by one I check them off. We have the best dry cleaner. His name is Chris and he's always happy except when a spider runs accross the counter then he's just nervous. Its good to have a good dry cleaner.
We went to the Dr. yesterday. TJ has made it into the birthing position. ( I knew he was a smart kid) So all is still going well. Just one more two week appointment then we go every week. Ony 7 weeks to go. I hope he is as eager to see me as I am to see him because I'd rather he wasn't late, but I'm not planning on it.
I need to go, I only have half of my mountain of laundry folded and heaven knows I should get something else done today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sole = (1) the bottom of your foot, or (2) alone/all by itself. What was your intended meaning? "Sole purpose in life"? or perhaps "soul" as in that which animates the body (i.e. life/essence/etc.? :)

Good post,
Brother A

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Castro is doing well. I was worried about the little guy! I concur, "your sole purpose..." is a perfectly acceptable phrase. There you go; now you have a teacher's endorsement as well. :)

Good work on the closet Tim! (Net - I am sure that the cake was tasty as well.)


Enjoying Tea…

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.