Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Trip to Grand Rapids

We're back home from GR. We were there from Thurs-Sun and left early Mon morning. Tim's class reunion was good. Lots of people, Tim seemed to really enjoy catching up with his old buddies. We also got to spend time with all of his family while we were there. It was really nice to see everyone again, all the little ones had grown and changed so much. TJ seemed to do well on the trip, we thought it would be good practice for vacation. (Which by the way mom, I am researching dillegently) Lin....when you get your camera fixed e-mail me some pics. All of the ones we took of you and I, you either look like you are sleeping on or my face is the size of the sun.
On the way home we stopped and visited Kelsie (why didn't I take pics while we were there??) Also we stopped at a cloth diapering store in St. Louis. We had great traveling other than that we hit bad rain from about Lebenon Mo till we got home. I kept slowing down but I was still hydroplaining. Yikes. Oh well we made it and we got rain here too. Praise the Lord.
I should go and take the seperaters out from inbetween my toes (I just painted them, wich if I might add is getting extremly difficult). :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'll be the first to comment on your newly established blog. Glad you made it back in one piece. ADR

Anonymous said...

AWWW!!! I love the baby chart thingy! Yeah....why didn't I take any pictures?!?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had a safe and fun trip to GR! Thanks for letting me crash at your place for a while. I hope Castro is doing better. AK

Loretta said...

ahem, you saw the whole Lanning fam as well, and you played scrabble. You didn't put that up. And you liked the air conditioning in our church!

Tim and Lanette said...

Ok. So I must amke an addition...correction to my original post. We also went to the lannings for lunch and a wicked fun scrabble game (that I of course lost). And you are right loretta I did very much enjoy your air conditioning durring church, I actually thought I was going to pass out durring the HRC service.

Anonymous said...

If they had taken my advice and sold the organ to pay for the air conditioner, maybe they could have gotten an unit capable of getting the job done! Alas.

Tim and Lanette said...

Aaron, this does seem like a great idea, but is it true that a Church with a smaller organ or even (gasp) no organ at all would be less holy of a place??

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's true. While some Dutchies like to say that the organ is merely a circumstance of worship and thereby perfectly acceptable, when one tries to take it away he/she soon finds out that it's really an element of worship the exclusion of which would no doubt result in diminished sanctification. We must not forsake the old paths even if/when they lead back to Rome (I say it with reverence).