Tuesday, March 13, 2007

James and the Giant Pancake

James had his first experience with a pancake yesterday morning. We started him out with a few nicely cut pieces but he informed us that that was for the birds. After many attempts ( some fruitful and some not so fruitful) to get the fluffy goodness into his mouth I gave him a whole pancake. This went much better. In the end there bits and pieces of pancake in every cranny of his high chair and all over the floor. I read in Parents about putting newspaper under the highchair while your baby learns to feed himself and I thought it was hogwash, now I can see the joys of it. :) Pancake is relatively easy to clean up but it may be useful in other cases. It really doesn't get better than all this. :)

5 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

euAll ready eating big people food. I'm sure he was quite proud of himself. Did he grrrrr all the way through?
You can use a plastic picnic table cloth also. But I think it is just as easy to clean your wooden floors as to clean up anything else. He will get neater soon. Knowing him he wont want to waste any more than he has to anyway.

lauri said...

wait until he wants a little syrup on them there flapjacks...then you've got a mess!

Kryna said...

I'd want whole pancakes too!

Becky said...

I'd say just keep your broom handy...forget the newspaper! :) Cute as usual!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

I sure like new posts, often!