Thursday, March 15, 2007

An Open What?!?

Often in my life I have spoken about having an open mind. If you know me, you know I believe it is of utmost importance to be open minded. What good is a window if it can not be opened? Yes, some light may filter in though the glass but the fresh air we need will be just beyond us. Of course I will not argue that we do not need screens. Even the tiniest of bugs can be deadly, but this is why God gave us a screen. We have the tools we just need to use them. We would all think some one to be incredibly silly if they were so scared of a potentially hazardous insect entering the house that they refused to open their windows even though they had very capable screens on every window.
So why are we so often so close minded? What are we scared of? Are we scared of having to use the screen?
I am close minded to close mindedness. Does this make me the exact thing I am preaching against?

4 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Good job Netter Better! Well said.

Anonymous said...

I think G. K. Chesterson summed it up well when he said that "The point of having an open mind is like having a open mouth--to close it on something solid." adr

Tim and Lanette said...

I don't know who Chesterson is but he sounds like a good guy. :)

Kryna said...

Hmm, faith and prayer might go a long way, don't you think?

Great post, and you know what? I love you guys...