Friday, June 08, 2007

The Manx Kitten

James loves animals, so Tim and I have been pondering getting him a pet. We had decided that we would get him a Golden Retriever for his 1st birthday. Mom pointed out that August was a silly time to get an outdoor animal as that it would grow up over the winter and James wouldn't be able to play with it much till spring. So we thought about it and as usual Mom was right. Ok, so no dog till next spring, but what about a kitten? That sounds harmless enough. So we have been keeping our eyes open for a good free kitten. Yesterday Tim heard on the radio about two free Manx kittens. They were in Jasper which is about a 30 min. drive from here so I called them and asked if it was ok if I came to look at them in the afternoon. No problem, just call for directions when you reach Bob's. Ok, sounds good. I made the trip on the very winding road at about 45 mi. per hr. due to those I was following. For me to mention the curves in a road may clue those of you who know me in on the severity. It was a very beautiful though. I made it to Bob's in closer to 45 min. to find that Bob's was a Shell gas station/lumber yard/grocery store/feed store. Seemed like a nice place. Anyway, I pulled in and called the kitten owner for directions only to find that the # went directly to voice mail that was full. I sat in the parking lot for 30-45 min. calling back every five, but there was no luck. So in the end I drove back to Harrison kittenless. As Aaron said they now owe me $8.00 for gas and a kitten. Oh, well. I really still want to get one but have very little intention of driving back out to Jasper.
Moral of the story: Always get directions the first time.

5 comments:

Kryna said...

What a bum wrap! I wish you could have gotten the cat though.

Brett Hendrickson said...

Too bad your cat-tale lacks a happy cat-tail.

Becky said...

Since James is going to be 1 and he won't care when you give him his present, I say you give it to him early!?!

Anonymous said...

oh, just get a puppy NOW. all the cool kids are doing it.

Anonymous said...

Net-

I made your potato salad today...A++++++++++++++++++++
THANKS!!!!