Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Recipe of the Day

This is the best pork tenderloin ever. I usually serve it with baked herb red potatoes or baked sweet potatoes either way its awesome.

Roast Pork Tenderloin
1/2 t. thyme
1/2 t. marjoram
1/2 t. sage
4 minced garlic cloves
3 chopped green onions
1/4 t. ginger
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 T. soy sauce
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. olive oil
1 1/2 lb. pork tenderloin

Combine spices, sauces, onions, garlic, and oil. Mix well. Spread evenly over pork, cover and allow to marinate at least 1-2 hrs. in fridge. Place pork on rack in backing pan and cover loosely with foil. Roast at 350* until internal temp reaches 170*, about 45-60 min. Slice into 1/4 in. pieces and serve. Pour juices from pan over meat.

Baked Herb Red Potatoes


Cut desired amount of potatoes into about 1 in. pieces. (do not peel) Shake in covered tupperware with Olive Oil, Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Green Onion, Garlic Powder, Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper. Marinate in fridge 1-2 hrs, spread out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350-400* till soft.

Also next time you make baked sweet potatoes try some honey on them, you'll be glad you did.

7 comments:

Tim and Lanette said...

I do too. Yesterday I made your Mom's Peanut butter cookies. They are the onlly peanut butter cookies I will eat.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Should make a great Thanksmas Dinner.

Mrs. P said...

GAH! I'm SO inadequate!!! ;)

You seriously are a far more devoted housekeeper than I ever will be!

But they both sound awesome. Wendler Kitchens will have to make an attempt...

Tim and Lanette said...

Ahhh...I seriously doubt that I am a more devoted housekeeper. I just love to cook. I've always been a home body, but I don't like cleaning real well...It's such a never ending job.

Tim and Lanette said...

We have beta blogger so I'm not sure if editing your links will be the same if you are not on beta but here's how we do it. After you sign in...like to make a post... at the top left corner of the paige their are 4 tabs. One of them says Template, click on that and then you should see a place that says edit links kind of in the middle right of the paige, click there and its really easy. Hope it works for you. Say hi to your Momma for me.

Kryna said...

Lara, I have been trying to get that figured out as well! Ahhh!!! I want my Mommy...

Anonymous said...

Yummmmm........I think i'm gonna have to make that one soon.
Whats been up with you woman?? Well, actually, I know whats been up, cause I read about it on here :~)
We are flying to San Antonio today to be at Collins graduation from basic! yay! But....I have never flown...yikes!