Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Thoughts on Christmas

Every year I write a Christmas letter, usually the day after Thanksgiving. Then on Dec. 1st I drop 74 cards stuffed with the letter and a picture into my mailbox. The destinations vary from NJ. to CA, the USA to Holland, but in each one the message is the same, you are one of our family or friends and we are glad to share our life with you. There are only 74 cards mailed on the 1st because I mail my Grandma's on the 30th of Nov. My Grandma prides herself on being the first to send out Holliday Greetings so I always get hers out a little early, its really fun to beat her with the Christmas cheer (I'm not talking about eggnog, focus please). We also have a little contest of who can say "Merry Chistmas" first, its quite fun, you ought to try it. Family traditions are just the best aren't they?
I'm really not sure what I'll write about this year, you all know every detail of my life since June. Oh well you may just have to throw out the letter, but not to worry there will still be an adorable card and an even more adorable picture to hang on your Frigidaire. Come on you know you want to.

5 comments:

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

I like the tradition (well maybe not a tradition yet, can you count once as a tradition?) when people break into your house and set up a Christmas tree while you are out.

Tim and Lanette said...

I'm such a nut job. One of my main reasons for the last post was to mention that I would not be writing my letter this year until the first week of Dec. Did I mention this? Noooo.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Well I hope you sent out Grandmas yesterday cuz after she reads this, you will never beat.

Tim and Lanette said...

HeHe I know.

lauri said...

K, Lannette: I cannot believe that we are the first people to ask you to do lunch, but it's a nice compliment..AND, I must be getting old, because I can't read a blessed thing on your last entries, it's all red font on black and while it may be Christmas-y and all that..I can't see a word...am I the only one with this problem????