Monday, November 06, 2006

Smiles for Momma

I'm so excited! I have such big stories to tell.
They're funny too.
Its that darn dish towel again.

James loves to sit in the kitchen in his bouncy seat and watch his Momma cook. Of course it does not do for me to cook and not chatter to him and play peek-a-boo with the dish towel. It’s really very nice because we both have someone to talk to. Today I have decided that James has developed quite an attitude. He has needs and his needs are above all others...more importantly he will decide what they are and make it very clear when you are not fulfilling his every desire in the high standard that he has come to enjoy. If he wasn't so cute I'd think he might be spoiled.  What poor James didn't realize was that by being a little over opinionated he was only reinforcing the ideas already in his Momma's head about child rearing. I had had to alter my course a little because of the colic, but now I will be back at it. A disciplined child is a happy child. By discipline please do not think that I am using corporal punishment on my tiny most perfect 10 week old little boy, try to think in a more broad sense of the word, lest I have social services knocking on my door. It’s so much fun having a little man around the house, cooing and waving, trying to giggle and so on. What did I talk about 11 months ago?

7 comments:

Kryna said...

Easy to spoil I tell ya, but that is my job!

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

It's hard being the mom but someone has to do it. And Kryna, I thought it was my job to spoil him?

Anonymous said...

Has anyone seen Aaron lately? Hope is computer didn't crash.

Anonymous said...

I'm still kickin' and my computer is still alive but not as well as it once was. I'll have it looked at over Christmas. Cute pictures.

mr. aric lee said...

Great pictures! You have to love those quick games of peek-a-boo!

mr. aric lee said...

Do you have any helpful hints on posting pictures? I am having issues with that lately. Any advice...drop me a line. Thanks!

lauri said...

So, who does that child look like? He is changing so much. I am so glad to hear, Nette, that you finally have someone to talk to...