Saturday, October 14, 2006

Kicky Time

Its fall and the perfect thing to do in the fall is to bake an apple pie (but please don’t wait for fall). So here I am with my pie roasting in the oven. I am feeling particularly giving today so I am going to share my apple pie recipe with all of you. For those of you who know and love me you know this is a big step for me. I rarely share recipes, which is actually quite unfair because I get them from others all the time. Anyway I think this is the best apple pie ever. Make one and delight in the blessing God gave us in the form of an apple.

7 c. thinly sliced apples (peeled)
2 T. lemon juice
1 c. sugar
¼ c. flour
1 t. cinnamon
¼ t. salt
1/8 t. nutmeg
2 T. butter
2 pie crusts
1 egg yolk beaten

Place apples in large zip-lock. Shake with lemon juice. Mix all dry ingredients. Add to apple mixture & shake. Pour apples into pie crust. Cut butter on top of apples. Cover with second crust. Brush top of pie crust with egg yolk & slit with knife. Bake at 400* for 15 min. reduce heat to 350* bake for 30-45 min.
Sometimes with all of the juice from the apples the bottom crust is just a little underdone so to avoid this I bake it for just a couple of min. before I fill it (do not bake it entirely).

Ok happy baking and happy fall.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I was wondering where his chest is? He seems to be all tummy! :) That's good pie by the way.

PEM Cell Hydrogen said...

Oh my gosh. I haven't seen him for a week and he isn't even the same kid. This just isn't right. I can't wait for tomorrow..hope he doesn't cry when Grandma holds him.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear he is feeling better, what a doll! did the Chiro help?

Kryna said...

Thank you soooooo much for the slide show, awww!

Mrs. P said...

Precious!

Tim and Lanette said...

Hey thanks. I hope your pie turns out wonderful, I know it will. I tried to get to your blog, couldn't get there, could you leave me your address? Kryna sends me pictures of Cy every once and a while. He is a real cutie. Take care and give that little pumkin a kiss for me.