Thursday, August 24, 2006

Natural Induction of Labor

pregnancy
Yesterday afternoon I decided I was going to lay down for a nap and then when I got up I was going to go into labor. I didn't get either accomplished. My best friend from my high school days came over for a visit right after lunch. I had not seen her since she was a bridesmaid at our wedding (must I clarify that I am talking about mine and Tim’s) two and a half years ago. She got married about a month after Tim and I and moved to VA. It was really good to get to see her again. You haven't changed a bit Jenn. I wish we could have spent more time together, but so it always is with good friends. We'll defiantly have to drop down to see you when we head out to DC.
After she and her mom left I decided it wasn't too late to go into labor. I got on the internet and looked up "Inducing labor naturally". My search was very productive apparently a fairly common topic among mothers 38 weeks and past. I believe I tried at least four of the methods recommended. I drank Evening Primrose Oil, rubbed Clary Sage Oil on my tummy, made Eggplant Parmesan for supper (which was to die for...yum); also I helped Tim carry sheets of drywall around and so on. After dinner we were scheduled to take a long walk but by this time I was in too much pain. Did I go into labor?? No. So apparently my little Monster (I call him this in love) isn't ready yet even though I am. Now I will wait patiently till at least till Tues. Mom will be out of town till then. This poor baby is probably so confused one day his Mommy is doing everything she can to get him to come and the next she's telling him to get comfy for a while. Next week would be good though. His room should be ready, Grandma will be in town, and so will Auntie K. What more could a kid want? Well I'm off to work in my recipe book (I need to add that eggplant) and help my husband with more drywall.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Lynette, Thanks for the note about the girls hair. They are loving having it short and Mia is excited to send it in to "locks of Love". We're anxiously waiting to hear your news! Glad your feeling good. Becky

Anonymous said...

uh-oh....the best way to start labor is for Gramma to be out of town!....Ok, advice from the OB nurse...spicy mexican food,amorous relations w/your husband...(was that said delicately enough?)
Actually, just waiting on the baby to decide usually means the less difficult labor.

Can't wait to hear he has made his appearance. Hi to Gramma and Auntie K.

Love you kiddo.

Anonymous said...

Ok....sorry to post twice in a row, but there is something ....er...scientific in the aforementioned advice. It's all about prostiglandins. They soften your cervix (I'm getting dangerously close to not being delicate) and are apparently released by eating spicy food and, uh, you know.... the other thing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice. :) I think you were delicate I've heard of those things before and have been trying them, but did not mention them for fear my already sketchy reputaion would be ruined forever. :) I've decided to let him be for the time being but quite unwillingly.