Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Why is it so hard to find a customer service rep that speaks intelligible english? I was recently trying to find United Airlines policy on third trimester travel only to realize I would have to call customer service because apparently this info is classified. After waiting for about fifteen min. (patiently) I was greeted by someone who sounded like they were reading out of a how to dictionary for the english language. Even though the call has ended I am still unsure of this person's gender, name, or half of the information they gave me for that matter. All I know for sure is that there was mention of a "certificate" which I assume would be a Dr.'s note. You would think of all the qualifications for a position made up almost solely of talking on the phone that clear speach would be fairly highly ranked.


Today my loving husband is out once again looking for a job. Yesterday his supervisor at the nursing home made it clear to him that if he wanted to work there he would have to basicly quit at the Post Office, to which of course he responded "Are you insane, Lady?!?" Actually he didn't, but I can just imagine the look he gave her. No one in their right mind would give up a chance to eventually work full time at the Post Office only to stay at a nasty job that pays peanuts and has no future. I'm not bitter, really. :) Its just sad that this is how the world is. Tim and I have put a lot of time in at that nursing home and bent over backwards to do what they wanted and as soon as they have to make a tiny sacrifice on thier side its over. I guess its no surprise only a disappointment. As long as he can find a replacement job that will work with his Post Office schedule it will actually turn out to be quite a blessing. He's allways disliked it there so a new direction will be good. So if you happen to think about it we could really use your prayers that he find a new job.

No comments: